We want all participants to have a fun and positive experience at Share My Ability. For general health and safety reasons, we have some terms and conditions that need to be adhered by.
1. All people under the age of 18 and all participants requiring assistance with the equipment are to bring their support person or carer. Participants are to use the equipment only under the supervision and guidance of their support person or carer. Share My Ability does not accept responsibility for supervision of participants or children. Should you not be able to attend with your carer or support person. Share My Ability can provide a support worker at an additional cost. Please enquire with our Centre Coordinator via email [email protected]
2. Any persons who are unwell should not enter the premises or activity area. Please inform a staff member if you or your child has been unwell/sick.
3. Leave any badges and jewellery with a responsible adult. Spectacles/glasses should only be worn if used with a retainer and shatter proof lenses.
4. Shoes or appropriate footwear MUST be worn at all times when visiting Share My Ability, this includes activity centre, toilets, café area, entrance area and front patio. The only exception to this is on the Bagjump/airbag. Shoes will need to be removed prior to use of this piece of equipment and put back on after finishing use.
5. Play is restricted to 2 hours during peak times and 2 hours for an Exclusive Hire Session.
6. Clothing attire should be well fitting. Any worn clothing when attending Share My Ability should not have any loose cords, ropes, or anything else that can be caught within the centre equipment. Scarfs and other accessory garments should also be removed prior to entering the activity space.
7. Please be mindful that other participants are using the centre. Playing in front of, or blocking entrances to equipment pieces is to be avoided.
8. No sharp objects may be taken into the activity area.
9. It is forbidden to climb on the netted walls or structures. Participants are only permitted to climb on the underside of the monkey bars and climbing wall.
10. No food, drink or chewing gum should be taken into the activity area.
11. It is forbidden to smoke or play with fire within Share My Ability. Birthday candles are allowed, if supervised by appropriate staff members.
12. All participants should use the antibacterial hand gel provided around the centre as required, particularly when entering and leaving the bathrooms and premises.
13. Balls or other objects should not be thrown at each other.
14. Fighting or bullying will not be tolerated. Parties involved in such behaviour may be asked to leave.
15. Parents/Guardians and personal support staff are responsible for the behaviour and wellbeing of the child or person in their care and must maintain supervision at all times.
16. In the interest of Health and Safety, please ensure that any food debris which falls on the floor is picked/wiped up as soon as possible. Report any spillages to a member of staff.
17. Report all accidents to a member of staff, to ensure that we can provide any necessary assistance and minimise the potential of re-occurrence. These will be logged and are an important part of on-going safety audits.
18. All damages to Share My Ability property either accidental or deliberate must be reported to a member of staff.
19. Nappy changing and the use of potties should be conducted in the baby changing area in the toilets. Place nappies in the correct bins provided. Personal sanitary items and adult disposable change wear should be disposed of within the appropriate bins provided.
20. For Health and Safety reasons, only food purchased at Share My Ability may be consumed on the premises, dependent on chosen party packages.
21. Report any behavioural concerns to a member of staff. Don’t attempt to intervene yourself.
22. Parents/Guardians should note that whilst every consideration has been given for the safety of people using the activity centre, Share My Ability / NADO cannot be held responsible for accidents which occur as a result of people playing on the equipment.
23. You must abide by the instructions of the Share My Ability staff at all times or you may be removed from the premises and refused entry in future. This is to ensure the safety and enjoyment for all participants at Share My Ability. If you are removed from the premises for any reason, you will not be given a refund for any unused time and you acknowledge your entry to the premises is strictly on this basis.
24. On occasion, promotional video or photographs may be used by the Service Provider which may include your image whilst being engaged in. Should you not wish Share My Ability to use an image or video for promotional purposes please let us know via email at: [email protected]
25. You acknowledge that security video is used within the public areas of premises of the and consent to this use for security and safety purposes.
26. If a general entry ticket is purchased through our online booking system, and you change your mind, you must inform the centre coordinator in writing (email) at minimum 48 hours in advance. A voucher may be issued rebook within 6 months, at the discretion of centre staff.
27. All persons entering the Share My Ability premises must abide by any applicable government COVID health rules including QR check in and out, social distancing, temperature checks and supplying vaccination certificates where required to as per NSW Health rules.
28. No alcohol is to be brought into or consumed within the centre.
Exclusive Venue Hire and Party Conditions
1. Organiser’s can arrive a maximum of 10 minutes before the start time.
2. Table confetti is not allowed. Please do not stick anything to the walls.
3. Balloons are allowed but should be brought with you on the day of the hire session.
4. Please bring your own Birthday cake and candles. Cake should not contain allergens such as nuts or peanut butter. Share My Ability will provide matches. Please do not bring your own knife. Share My Ability staff will cut your cake using our knives behind the counter.
5. A 50% deposit is required on booking a party package. This deposit is non-refundable.
6. Share My Ability Exclusive Venue Hire includes a maximum number of 15 participants.
7. Final balance must be paid 14 days prior to hire date. If the balance is not paid in accordance with our cancellations policy, the hire slot will be released. We must receive final numbers at least 4 days before your hire session.
8. Cancellation policy – All Exclusive Venue Hire sessions are non-refundable. If Share My Ability is required to close due to the Coronavirus then either an alternative date will be offered or a full refund at the discretion of Share My Ability staff.
Refund Policy due to temporary closure
Any session which is cancelled due to an unforeseen, temporary closure of Share My Ability will be issued a refund voucher for the same value as the session price. The voucher can be redeemed within 6 months when the centre has re-opened. No monetary refunds will be issued for any session.
A temporary closure of Share My Ability may at any time be necessary due to coronavirus, restrictions or lockdown orders imposed by national, state or local government bodies and their relevant departments or any other unavoidable reason.
Sessions cancelled within 2 hours or more notice may be rescheduled. Sessions cancelled with less than 2 hour’s notice cannot be rescheduled. Cancelled services will not be refunded.
For NDIS funded services please refer to NDIS Price Guide and cancellation policy.
Programs paid via Service NSW Vouchers (eg creative kids, active kids, parents vouchers) will be rescheduled where possible, however refunds are not applicable.
For cancellations, terms and conditions regarding annual memberships, please visit out membership page.
Please read the following terms carefully. By participating in any class, activity or using any equipment provided by Nepean Area Disabilities Organisation (the Owner) you consent to, and agree to release the Owner from liability according to, these terms. Unless the Owner notifies you otherwise, this waiver and release will apply to all activities undertaken by you at Share My Ability (the premises).
You acknowledge that:
To the extent permitted at law, you release and hold the Owner (and where applicable its, directors, employees and representatives) harmless from any liability, cost, expense, damages or claims (including claims of negligence) arising from or which may be suffered or incurred in connection with your participation in any sessions or activities provided by the Owner.